- To reinforce risk assessment arising from changes in consumption patterns, development of analytical technologies, emergence of new hazards and expansion of safety control coverage
- To develop an advanced risk assessment system in order to actively respond to international trends, such as the development of new technologies, expansion of free trade and climate change
- To develop an advanced risk assessment training program to create a world-leading risk assessment system and improve expertise and transparency in risk assessment processes
- Risk assessment to ensure safety control of potentially hazardous substances in food, medicinal products and others
- Ongoing risk assessment to ensure urgent responses to food safety accidents and other risks
- Introduction of a risk assessment system and operation of "Food Risk Assessment & Management"
- Risk assessment of raw materials used in chemical consumer products, such as wet tissue products and detergents, under "Master Plan on Safety Control of Chemical Consumer Products"
- Integrated risk assessment of endocrine disruptors under "Science/Technology-based Master Plan to Resolve Social Issues"
Performance of risk assessment, including comprehensive and consumer-focused assessment of exposure to hazardous substances in food products, medicinal products and other risks, and development of a scientific risk management system, in order to develop an advanced risk management system and to support integrated safety control of hazardous substances in food, medicinal products, and so forth
- 1 Investigation of exposure to hazardous substances
- Comprehensive assessment of exposure to hazardous substances in food products, medicinal products, cosmetics, Korean traditional medicines and so forth
- 2 Scientific reviews and assessments
- Studies in potential effects on vulnerable groups, such as children
- Human monitoring of hazardous substances
- Studies in potential effects of low-dose levels
- Assessment of endocrine disruptors
- 3 Assessment and Development of medical devices for future medical environments
- Development of risk assessment techniques
- Studies in integrated risk management of individual hazardous substance
- Development of a risk analysis training program